Scholarships are awarded based on the award criteria listed below. All applicants must also meet TalentMed’s Selection and Enrolment criteria including general entry requirements.
Eligibility and Award Criteria
To be eligible under this category, you must be either:
- receiving a current Centrelink payment and/or benefit such as having a current Low Income Health Care Card, or
- experiencing exceptional financial disadvantage but not receiving any Centrelink payments or benefits.
For applicants who identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
This category applies if you have experienced difficult circumstances that have affected your ability to work or study. This may include:
- carer responsibilities (e.g. ill children, parent, siblings)
- chronic medical condition of a dependent child
- death of a spouse/parent/guardian/close relative
- major illness of spouse/parent/guardian/close relative
- multiple relocations/moving house
- natural disaster (e.g. bushfire, flood)
- abusive family environment
- relationship breakdown with significant other
- victim of crime.
Regional and remote areas
This category applies if you live in a regional and remote area of Australia as determined by the Australian Standard Geographical Classification Remoteness Areas Locator. For this category, you must be living in an area classified as RA2, RA3, RA4 or RA5 (2016).
Disability or long-term medical condition
This category applies if you have a disability or medical condition that has affected your ability to work or study. This may include disability impairments, chronic pain, major illness, drug addiction, learning disabilities and mental illness.